Sunday, August 28, 2011

Words

Once a gift is given
to you
what you do with it
is your business

If you learn
from my words
I am
your teacher

If you are served
by my words
I am
your servant

If you are reminded
by my words
I am
your reminder

If you are confused
by my words
I am
your puzzle

If you anger
at my words
I am
your nuisance

If you hate
my words
I am
your enemy

If you are repelled
by my words
I am
your darkness

Whatever your response
I am
honored to be
your idea of me

And what I am
truly
cannot be touched
by you
or me
or anything

What I am
is
what You are
when
everything
drops

What I am
is
what You are
when
nothing
drops

What I am
is You
except
in thinking mind

Meet me, dear one
where the words end
and something else
begins

Meet me, dear one
where nothing separates us
and I am
You